Sunday, May 24, 2009

such a lonely world



Just finished "Inheritance of loss" and it was good. No doubt it was well written. An open ending and yet i end up appreciting the elan; thats something. I guess finally am coming to terms with an open endings. As i had read in one of the RC passages at the Career launcher's english class... open endings capture the reality of life... the possibilties of the story ending in any form... any end. Happy. Sad. Ambivalent. Am beginning to understand.

Inheritance of loss is a story which had the capacity to connect. And it spoke of a reality that each one of us tries to "ignore". Of destitution, of helplessness... We, living a life that is by all material means saturated overlook miseries. 

one of the lines that really moved me said
... Its hard to accept oneself as is. Of our shortcomings and fragility. It needs a facade of persuasion, not for other but for our veryown self. Everyone does it....
This kinda jolted my guts inside. Were my beleifs my facade? or am i just running from my deficiancies?

I Could identify mysef with gyan. Was i just blaming my incompetence to unfathomed causes and treading a path i myself dont know where it lead....

god knows...

No comments: