Friday, October 30, 2009

on why i should be in dunn... lol..

disclaimer: all thats written here is purely coincidental and fictional. No bearing with anything truthful or real.

************

I would love to join Dunnhumby for 3 reasons.

I have spent my entire childhood travelling and living in various parts of India, in towns big and small and have a firsthand experience of living in varied socio-economic milieu that enrich India. I have also completed my entire schooling in government schools in various parts of India and it further inculcated in me a sense of appreciation and understanding of different cultures and how diversity adds up to make things beautiful and complete. Now from what i gather from Dunnhumby’s presentation today and its website is that it’s a company primarily driven by a focus towards customers, and in other words to understand customers. Thus, when i, as someone who has some understanding of various cultures and differences, say that i like and i understand what Dunnhumby does, i know it’s about knowing and understanding people.

The second reason is the idea of working with a multinational-multicultural organization with vastly talented people. Dunnhumby as an organization puts genius in delivering the best to its customers. And to deliver genius one has to have genius which in Dunnhumby are the people working for it. Joining a company with such a talent pool & global exposure would benefit me personally and professionally.

Thirdly, for me working for Dunnhumby would be a long term career decision coherent with my career objective. I want to make a career out of something that i like doing. I have a passion for knowing people and my schooling and college have inculcated in me analytical skills essential for the job at Dunnhumby. Thus Dunnhumby for me is a logical choice.

3 comments:

Chronicler said...

u wrote all that in the application form? Something tells me you did...

ABHi said...

swayam... what on earth "tells you"???
yeah i did write that in the application form! anything wrong in it??? :P
jyada senti maar diya kya? :P

Chronicler said...

hehe.. Yup high on senti quotient... the answer I wrote was was cut copy pasted by so many... So it was as devoid of sentimentalism as it could be... I wrote utter bull shit... key words from their site found their place in my application...

ps: I am good at putting two and two together... I don't need to tell you that...