Friday, November 27, 2009

Rejections continued…

I guess after this post I mush change the name of my blog to "rejections chronicle". :D
( Hows the name?If you feel its good or want to suggest ny other plz feel free to drop in a comment)

*****

Some days just turn out bad . Went for an "interview" of sorts today, for a two month internship for this startup called "xyz".
:)
Humiliated. Disgraced and if at all anything was left… the enlightened one took care of it with the immortal query… "ahem! So where were you placed?" (asked it three times in a matter of 3 hours)
Well day started not so fine with a pretty early morning wake up call (who wakes at 730 at this time of the year? :P). Hopped the metro. And hopping I went and sat at the good'ol, 50-bucks-a-cup coffee shop (they also call it the CCD) at Noida . No idea as to what I was to expect of the meeting, I had not even bought a copy to answer the questions for the torture about to happen. And without much ado started the enlightened one grilling. He mocked, ridiculed , humiliated and dunno what… at times I matched his demeanor with my gaucherie and rest of the times I guess he was just mad at me for being there amongst "the chosen ones" ( was rejected when I applied first). The rest of the next two hours all just adds to my large collection of "best rejection" memories. (13 of them total (:P) , including the big ones Cisco, Citrix, etc etc... + 1 aaj mila ke).


Well In no ways do I blame him, actually I made sure I had it all coming. To tell you the funny part, I had applied for this internship the first time and he had downright rejected me! (:P) So I stooped a level low and tried the old book trick. Wrote him a letter, begged him for a second chance. And Incidentally the first draft of that letter was so rude, had I sent that one… I guess the enlightened one would have slapped me today! (:D) Then add to it that I even convinced my friend to write a recommendation letter who had worked with him earlier.
& The next thing that I knew was that I had this msg last night, that I am to meet the guy at Noida next morning 1130.
:)
Uske baad to happy ending ho gayi jee

*****

P.S. Sooner or later am going to get a job. I will do good. When I do, and when I reach the position I will mock and ridicule other people when they come for interviews. It must be fun. (:D)


P.P.S It ain't that fun now, sitting continuously on the other side of the table. Sometimes it gets sad, depressing and demeaning… :(

2 comments:

iago said...

Well... I guess its partly my fault. I should have known that he will be conducted an interview.

iago said...

i mean conducting...sorry its 3 am in the morning,,