Sunday, December 16, 2007

THE THEORY OF LIBRARY


My Library Theory Observation is based on an observation that I've made at the DCE Library

I've noticed that a great majority of the people at the DCE can be classified into three sections.
1> obviously ,first years, all of em; civil, poly, to tronics and IT, BUT SPLY GIRLS .
2>" selected breed" of third years.
3> the fourth years, though not gr8 in numbers but a discerning eye can always spot a few of those elders.

You may rarely find any second year student in library. I can't truly figure out why this is , but I'll try to explain why I think this is.

As of first years , I think most of em are straight out of school, yet so curious to the ways of a college so they are in a grossly misunderstood state of "curious-mysterious -explorations". Then they come for their silly assignments n lab files. Boys seem to understand it early that there are other interesting avenues in DCE to explore rather than the dysfunctional library. (The second sem boys u spot are ones either chasing girls or on the verge of loosing em)

The third years of students are either couples, in search of a quite nook for a nooky, lol. Or the serious CAT aspirants

The rare breed of fourth years can also be spotted brooding in their own worlds, imagining their wonderful lives away from all the "college system- stink" that he/she has beared for the past four years in college. Ah! A happy human he is! (So sad, But the stink is yet to be beared for a few more days).

The conspicuously missing second years were always a mystery to me, but I guess they were far too aware of the ground realities of DCE i.e. the complete absence of worthwhile books or may be just lost in the corridors of college… still exploring the ABCs of studies….. Engineering……. Life…..
As I am….. In the silence of empty class rooms, in the loneliness of being alone at canteen or just figuring out if I went wrong somewhere with life, with people, with myself...

Lol
whatever it may be.
The A.C of library still works, n its truly a great place for 'studies', oops sorry! For VELLA!!!

No comments: