Saturday, February 9, 2008

Clint eastwood

And they say Clint eastwood is a good director.
And I agree no less.
Am no critic, neither have I watched many of his movies but it doesn’t take long to appreciate what he does.
Just been watching my third movie(million dollar baby) of his direction and am awed by what magic he pours in to the scripts, the background score, the cinematography, the movie as a whole. Of course the movies are totally set in American contexts but the realism of emotions that is enacted and portrayed is really commendable. The stories aren't stories about winning or loosing or some cheap thrill of being made to laugh or scare, they are just simple stories. Stories about people their live s and their real lives alone, nothing else.
The magic it seems emerges form the simplicity and a knack of portraying the same constraints, frustrations…. a lack of control over the way the life is and moves on, and the whole beauty of creation that emerges from even such a pathetic set of bondings and shortcomings of human psyche.
And that is what I think makes me identify with many of the characters that are portrayed in his movies.
Totally different from the way I am, the way I feel and act, yet their humanism makes me feel what they would have felt had they been real rather than reel.
My tributes to the acclaimed and gifted director!

No comments: