Friday, February 1, 2008

The Twisted transistor®

Firstly let me clear it once and for all that this isn't a travelogue or even a faint attempt at writing an adventure essay. This is just a "memorabilia" I am attempting to "write" so that it always remains bright and clear, that sometimes it is these simple trips to these unusual places you visit that makes the whole life thing seem a whole lot more fun!
So today we (myself, amar-the most faadu/amazing/humble/humorous, anumpam-automobile geek/the moustache guy/the studious guy)went for a excursion to nai sadak. As most of who are reading this would already know that the place is where you get all kinds of new/old books.(Yes books that we consider "untouchables" till the arrival of exam season). And most of the people also would ask … books??? And me(abhi)???, well actually my abysmally pathetic situation in the last sem really forced me to reconsider my stand at least regarding purchase of books. So there i found myself in midst of all the books, the market, the ballyhoo of nai sadak of purani Delhi.
And unambiguously, I had the time of my life. The whole market seemed to be more thrilling than a roller coaster ride in amusement park. Being there in all that mad rush, the jostling crowd, the busy market, the unending bargains… well looking at the repetitive schedule of collage life, all were sheer joys of life.
Of course the high point of the trip was all the savoring food we had. From fresh baked cookies to paani puri to papdi chaat to the mouth watering paranthas of paranthe-wali gali, we tried it all. The trip ended with full glasses of mausambi juice and then a round of carrot juice lol.

And now you might ask why is this piece of shitty essay called a twisted transistor??? Well that’s cause the luck charm of this trip happened to be our good ol blockbuster from the master rockers "the KORN". And trust me I left no stone unturned to listen as well to make the song heard to every god dam worthy soul on the trip( and that includes our cookie wale bhaiya to book wale bhaiya to even the bull that crossed our path on the road!)

No comments: