Saturday, December 6, 2008

STAR PYRAMID




This one goes out to the programming skills that I've acquired in my college life till now…

It all started in second sem. New sem, I had branched out from the best ever "D" group of the first sem to the 2K6/IT batch, it was all supposed to start here. The real computers!!! the programming, the OS (operating system) and all everything computers. It funny! There was this feeling to scream in from of mirror, yess! Now am gonna be a programmer… the thing I aspired to learn all my life… doin all the crazy shit they do in movies,.. Hacking, cracking… f***in computers… Hollywood ishtyle … lol

I din had computers as my senior sec school subject. So unaware of even the bare basics of C or C++, there I ventured on my quixotic mission to become the greatest programmer ever. Then came my laptop… and I began. Starting with the basics I learned to pronounce "cout" as "C out" from my idotic "kout" in just a few days.
But then came the turning point, a few classes by Manoj sethi sir and my interest in C vaporized like dry ice. Then came the tornado of masti of second sem… from fests, to events to movies to * I did it all. Programming went for a sixer for the next 3 months.

And 3 days from my programming practical exam I realized that I was facing the greatest crisis of my life…

Imagine the scene,
Practical Exam are in 3 days.
Abhishek " yaar bhaskar! I donno a thing bout C yaar! What am I gonna do???"
Bhaskar "arre! Tension na le! Ho jayega! Bindaas! Abhi teen din hai na, C++ mein kya hai sirf cout aur cin ….. ye nai alizee video ayee hai dekhi tune??? Mast hai!"
Abhishek " abhi laata hun pen drive pe… jo hoga dekha jayega…"

God bless roommates like Bhaskar and I messed those three days as well… (but that was fun!)

And I still remember I played that Alizee (song : france gal) video something like 21 times back to back on the night of C++ practical exam… driving Deb (2K6/EE) absolutely mad over my one night obsession with Alizee. ..

The most haunting memory of the end sem drama seems when I realized in the morning of that practical exam that all I had been able to memorize/learn(whatever) was to print out a pyramid of stars (asterisk's) on computer monitor… and that too when I tried out had problems running...
So armed with just a star pyramid, I ventured to face my practical exams. I don remember what happened next, as I somehow managed to hoodwink examiners to manage a decent score of something like 75-78…


More than a year from that night am fairly confident only about a thing when it come to programming! And it undoubtedly is my STAR PYRAMID…

11 comments:

iago said...

Pharaohs are not complaining...are they?

Chronicler said...

i think being an enviro engg i know more of C and C++ than u do... so much for IT...

Siddhant said...

Manoj Sethi. mast teacher.
"file handling kaun btaega?"

Aanchal said...

75-78 for jus knowing a star pyramid........i agree with swayam, i know more than u too.......and besides u IT ppl already get a shower of marks, so im sure this 75 must also have been too little........

ABHi said...

@ nigam: lol i guess all i got in the pracs was thanx to the pharaohs...

ABHi said...

@ swayam: oh! am not sure.. might be the case (yo knowin more compu than me...)
but I KNOW STAR PYRAMID! AND I CAN PLEASE PHARAOHS... as nigam says

ABHi said...

@ sid: manoj sethi to bhai!... total... #$%^&

ABHi said...

@Anchal : arre thats really not the case... its been blown outta proportion... itne bhi marks nahi aate...
and and and ... 75-78 WAS A GOOD score i tell you... ok! i din knew much programmin but... in a viva do you believe very good subject knowledge exactly matters ???

Aanchal said...

u got the spelling wrong......

TheGangVani said...

well done dude.. kudoc for that score.. i knw wht happens in viva..
one of our seniors from electrical went to give the viva for C++.. jst after entering the room, he told the examiner that .."sir kucch bhi pooch lo.. mujhe kucch bhi nhi aata..".. after getting this warning from the student, the teacher managed to ask.."accha yeh toh batao.. ki C and C++ mein kya difference hai??.."..
he replied.."sir ussme do '+' extra hai.... pehle hi bola tha nhi aata.."..
u dont have to know everything.. confidence of the delivery matters..
nd i wonder why i typed this comment..
anyways. nice post..
:)

ABHi said...

@gangeyo: mmm.. thnx. well i knew somethings in c++ at least... lol was my lucky day... that one i guess.
no hero stuff, like that elec senior did...