Saturday, July 12, 2008

52Hours (part 2)

Day "!" (cotd…)
Starting as a side actor in kung-fu movie starring three Charlie's angels (Uncle -Aunty ji included) it went on to become quite character in our comedy of sorts.

Dhamaka : after the early afternoon brunch at a nondescript station (courtesy: train ka ultimate bakwas pantry car ka khaana), it was all peaceful in our compartment. Chinki chatter had slowly died down and siesta was mood for an hour… just in the midst of it all...
"ARRE HAT JAA TAAU PACCHE NE NACHN DE JEE BHAR KE NE…."- came the blaring haryanvi ring tone from uncle ji's ultimate loudspeaker vaala phone… well that was quite a scene and people who could hear it were all in splits…

Uncle ji then started the tale of his Jat ancestry and all about GR8 Punjab and Haryana with makke di roti and sarso da saag…to none other that our enchanted Manipuri madams (on punjab I had already got my quota full of "dealings" from none other than maneet)…What followed was zzz.zz..zz..zzzz….

The afternoon proved much better, I finally caught up with Uncle ji and aunty ji and successfully stuck up conversations with our manipuri madams …( they were returning from their counseling in agricultural science MSc admissions )… and even tried to explain that there existed a good engineering college called DCE in delhi… the train journey seemed GR8 now. [:)]
With nothing much to do at 4 pm I climbed up to the tranquility and peace of upper birth and watched the movie , little miss sunshine (recommended by Nigam) which eventually proved to be quite commendable.(hey that’s the first movie ever that I watched on train !!!)

Circa 7:30 PM: back to ground zero… we were passing the Haloed portals of my ancestral lands of Bihar…( where you could be mugged or duped at the drop of a hat ) I started to experiment with all the local chaivala… to jhaal-murhi vaala to our sweat meat seller had on offer…Time passed as fast as the train itself as I observed, constantly jerking on my seat, one of the most beautiful sunset across a landscape of lush green fields..
THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I REALIZED, THE TRIP WAS WORTH IT.

Night : the cooling of ac was comfortable but a sort of irk was growing in… I needed fresh air… the constant jerking of train was also getting a bit on my head. I sat out nearly for an hour at the gate of the train after dinner (mind it: ITS really dangerous to do that… sitting on the steps facing that gushing wind on your face… always realizing that one miscalculation, a slip of hand and its all up… but it has a sort of strange adrenaline rush attached to it… its fun in ways.) I came back and slept, I was missing home...

2 comments:

Chronicler said...

hav u heard the other jat number 'paani wale paani pyade..i'm thirsty give me water'.. absolute music to the ears :P... even the bhojpuri numbers on the rtv are the new rage.. heard BEP was going to use them... sheesh... anyways getting to the point i think you have a very ruskin bond way of writing... luv it...:)

ABHi said...

lol. ruskin bond???
BOND???
BOND IS GOD.
considering what you ppl (the ones i regularly read ..u n divita... nigam...scribblers inc... n all write... mine is an unmentionable piece of trash)...

on jat numbers yup who can miss that one... paani vaali.. lol
ive even seen this super duper hit jat movie called "DHAKAR CHORA".. lol... thanx to my cable wallah.